Child's 1st Visit
Your Child's First Dental Visit in Wilton Manors
A lifetime of proper oral care and healthy smiles begins with your child's first dental appointment. However, it can be challenging to find a dental practice you trust to give your son or daughter the compassionate care they deserve. At Smiley Kidz Dental Care, we're proud to offer first dental appointments in Wilton Manors.
Our team of skilled and experienced pediatric dentists works hard to ensure that your child's first visit is comfortable and productive. We can begin seeing your child as soon as their first tooth comes in. Call us or visit our office in person to schedule your child's first dental appointment with our friendly team!
CALL US: (954) 564-5540 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
3 Benefits of a Child's First Dental Visit
If you're unsure whether your child is ready for their first dental visit, there are various benefits you should consider. Before you bring your child in, our team will take the time to outline some of the benefits of their first appointment. Some of the benefits include the following:
- Easing Fear & Anxiety: It's normal to feel uncomfortable and anxious about visiting new places. When you bring in your child for their first dental visit in Wilton Manors, you're helping acclimate them to our facilities and staff. As such, each dental visit feels easier than the last as your child knows what to expect.
- Supporting Parents: Your child's first dental visit is just as much about you as it is about them. Our team of experienced pediatric dentists will give you valuable tips on how to care for your child's smile at home when they're at an age where they can't do it themselves.
- Developing Healthy Oral Habits: One of the hallmarks of our practice is emphasizing oral health education. We'll show your child how to brush and floss their teeth properly as they age. Not only that, but we'll help them understand what foods and drinks can lead to cavities.
What You Can Expect
When you bring your child to our practice for their first dental visit, we'll begin by introducing ourselves to them. Our team will talk to them in a calm and gentle manner while using kid-friendly language. Afterward, we'll show them to the exam chair and help them comfortably sit. Our pediatric dental team will conduct an extensive oral exam on their smile. Not only will we look for signs of dental complications like tooth decay, but we will also examine their tonsils and the positioning of their teeth to ensure everything is developing properly.
Following their oral exam, we'll ask you about their eating habits. Do they consume sugary foods and drinks like fruit juice? Are they still drinking out of a bottle, or have they transitioned to a sippy cup? Do they regularly suck their thumb? We'll create their personalized treatment plan using the information you provide us. However, it's important to remember that when your child is in their infancy, their plan will likely only include regular checkups until their smile has further developed.
Helping Your Child Feel Comfortable
A crucial component of our Wilton Manors first dental visit services is helping your child feel as comfortable and calm as possible. Every member of our dental team is passionate about working with the unique personalities of children. That's why we take the time to interact and play with them in the waiting room.
Once it's time for their oral exam, we'll have them sit on your lap to help them feel more at ease during the examination. Not only that, but we'll practice laying them back as they would in the exam chair. Over time, our hope is that they get more comfortable with our team performing treatments and procedures. However, if your child feels overwhelmed at any point during their visit, we're more than happy to take a break to help calm them down.
Providing You with Valuable Education
At Smiley Kidz Dental Care, we want to give you the knowledge you need to help care for your child's smile at home. If you're the parent of an infant or toddler, it's crucial that you understand what steps you need to take to keep their smile clean and healthy. Our pediatric dentists will cover the following:
- How to establish a daily oral care routine with your child
- How to assist your child in brushing their teeth
- When to wean your child off using pacifiers
- What foods and drinks are tooth-friendly
- How to integrate mouthwash without overwhelming your child
First Dental Appointments in Wilton Manors
If your child needs their first dental appointment, Smiley Kidz Dental Care is the place for you. Our team of experienced pediatric dentists understands the unique dental requirement of children. We have the knowledge to care for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children. Call us today to schedule your child's first dental appointment in Wilton Manors!
CALL US: (954) 564-5540 REQUEST APPOINTMENT